COVID-19 Updates & Information Updates
We hope that you and your family have remained safe & healthy during these extraordinary times. As you may be aware, many programs, activities, and special events are being cancelled throughout the county, region, and state due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Understandably, our department has been receiving questions regarding how COVID-19 will affect our camps, programs, and special events. This web page will provide answers to some of the most common questions that we’ve received. It will also include the most up-to-date information made available by our department. This information will be updated as developments occur, so please be sure to check back periodically.
Coronavirus resources at the local, state, and national level are updated regularly to keep you informed. Access those resources by using the links below.
Most Recent Updates:
2021 Summer Camp Update
Registration for our Cedar Grove & Miles Park summer camps will open to Township Residents, beginning on Thursday, December 10th, 2020. Registration will then open for non-Township Residents on Monday, February 15th, 2021. Please note that all camps will be operating under the same guidelines that were established last summer in accordance with current CDC and PA Department of Health Guidelines in regards to COVID-19.
- All COVID updates regarding camp will be posted to this webpage (www.whitemarshparks.org/COVIDupdates) and will be emailed to currently enrolled camp participants, as the updates become available.
- All camps will be operating at a 50% max for summer 2021.
- No outside visitors will be scheduled at this time.
- No field trips will be scheduled at this time.
Please note that the Parks and Recreation Department will change these procedures based on positive developments with COVID-19 and shifts in regulations as provided by the CDC. It is the goal of the Department to provide a safe, happy, and enjoyable summer experience for all children of the community.
Updated Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Requiring Universal Face Coverings - Coaches & Athletes
Indoors: Coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear face coverings, when indoors and where another person or persons who are not members of the individual's household are present in the same space, irrespective of physical distance. This includes while actively engaged in workouts, competition, and on the sidelines, etc.
Outdoors: Coaches, athletes (including cheerleaders), and spectators must wear face coverings if they cannot maintain sustained physical distance from persons outside of their household. This includes while actively engaged in workouts, competition, and on the sidelines, in the dugout, etc. If sustained six-foot distancing can be maintained, face coverings may be removed when outdoors.
Sanitization of Playgrounds
The Township has spoken to the Pennsylvania Department of Health and it is recommended to sanitize high touch areas in the park playgrounds. At this time, the Township is sanitizing the playground equipment twice per-week, with a BNC One Step Disinfectant Cleaner manufactured by Spartan. It is an EPA and CDC approved sanitizer that has a 3 minute time period to eliminate a wide range of viruses and bacteria. This application is being applied first thing in the morning. The equipment can be used once it is dry, which takes 5-10 minutes after application.
Safety Measures & Supplies
We are happy to report, all additional (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment and materials that are required to sanitize, disinfect and clean due to COVID-19 regulations have been acquired by Whitemarsh Township, and will be utilized.
If I am already registered for a fall program or special event, but would like to cancel, what is the refund policy?
Whitemarsh Township Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel any program, trip, or camp due to insufficient participation or for participant and staff safety. On the occasion that the department cancels a program, a full refund will be given in the form of check or credit card used for payment. Refunds take four weeks to process. We do not issue cash refunds.
Program, Activity, or Special Event Refund Policy
- A participant may request to be removed from a program, activity, or special event but must do so one week prior to the program start date to receive a full refund, less $5.00 processing fee, or a full credit to be used within one year of issuance.
- Participant requesting a refund within one week of the program start date will receive a 50% refund or credit. At this point, supplies have already been ordered, staff hired, etc. for programs.
- Once a program starts, no refunds will be issued.
- We do not pro-rate for late registration.
- Refunds / credits are not given for any classes you choose not to attend.
- If the Governor of PA declares a specific number of participants is unsafe, or the COVID-19 pandemic becomes unsafe and quarantine is issued a pro-rated full refund will be issued.
- Whitemarsh Township Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel the program at any time out of an abundance of caution for participants and staff given the COVID-19 crisis. A full pro-rated refund will be issued.
- All refund requests should be made prior to the end of the registered program.