Earned Income Tax (EIT)
FOLLOWING GUIDANCE FROM THE COMMONWEALTH, THE FILING DEADLINE FOR 2019 EIT RETURNS HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JULY, 15, 2020.
Earned Income Tax Breakdowns
Effective February 1, 2003, Whitemarsh Township enacted a 0.5% EIT on residents and nonresidents of Whitemarsh Township.
Effective July 1, 2005, the Colonial School District enacted a 0.5% EIT on Whitemarsh Township residents and nonresidents.
Effective January 1, 2007, Whitemarsh Township enacted a 0.25% Open Space EIT used for the sole purpose of acquiring interest in real property and / or to pay debt service associated with the acquisition of real property for the purpose of preserving open space and agricultural lands.
The total combined rate (Whitemarsh Township and Colonial School District) of EIT for residents of Whitemarsh Township is 1.25% as of January 1, 2007. The total combined rate (Whitemarsh Township and Colonial School District) and open space of EIT for nonresidents of Whitemarsh Township is 1% as of July 1, 2005. The following are answers to frequently asked questions about the EIT. The township has engaged the services of Berkheimer Associates Inc. to serve as the township agent for the collection of this tax. Berkheimer can be reached at 1-800-360-8989 or online.
- When is the local tax bill due?
- Where do I pay the Colonial School District's Real Estate Tax bill?
- What is the Earned Income Tax?
- Who is taxable?
- If I am subject to the Philadelphia Wage Tax, must I also pay this tax?
- How will the Earned Income Tax be collected?
- Will I be notified when each tax installment is due?
- Is all income subject to the tax?
- Who must file a quarterly return?
- Who must file a final return?
- What happens if I do not pay or file the required returns?
- Must I file if I receive no taxable income?
- Which employers are required to withhold the tax from their employees?
- Must those subject to withholding do anything else?
- If my work status should change from an employer who as been withholding, to an employer in an area who does not withhold, what do I do?
- What happens if I overestimate or underestimate my income?
- Are non-residents taxable?
- Is there any minimum or maximum income or age group/
- Does Whitemarsh Township have an Earned Income Tax (EIT)?
616 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
Berkheimer - Bridgeport Office
Hours: 9:00AM-12:30PM; 1:30PM-4:00PM
62 West 4th Street
Bridgeport, PA 19405
Real Estate Tax Payments
P.O. Box 25144
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5144
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2021 REAL ESTATE TAX BILL DUE DATES:
The last day for Discount Period payments for 2021 County and Township Real Estate Tax will be on Friday April 30, 2021. Payments not made on or before April 30, 2021 will not be eligible for the 2% discount.
Payments received or postmarked after April 30, 2021 will be applied to the face period and must satisfy the face period amount . Payments can be made one of three ways: By-mail, online, or in-person. Please note, in-person payments should be made at the Berkheimer office in Bridgeport. The Township Building can accept payments, but cannot provide a receipt.
If payments are made by mail, the payment must be post marked by midnight April 30, 2021 in order to receive the discount.